I really dislike new year’s resolutions. They’re just setting yourself up to fail. I do however like to set goals and create a vision of what I want to do in the new year. A goal and a resolution are not the same thing.
This year I find myself with a lot of the same goals I had this time last year, things like increased income, better rankings, etc… But I’ve added a vision section to my goals list. This is something I really need, because more than just accomplishing my goals it just makes me feel whole.
If you’re a follower of Nicole Dean or you’ve hung around the NAMS forum and folks you’ve likely heard the phrase, “Making great money online while making the web and the world a better place at the same time.”
That pretty much sums up what I want out of my online life. I want to make a great income online to be able to provide for my family while being able to help others at the same time.
- I want to move my family into a new home this year, whether we will buy or rent I’m not sure, but we need a big change in that arena this year.
- I want to contribute to more volunteer work this year.
- I want to look into a change in school district for my teenagers. They’re doing great, but they both feel like they can be doing more and I want to provide that more.
- I want to make more frequent donations to Saint Jude’s and Disabled Veterans this year.
- I want to take my kids to Disney World this year for a family vacation.
- I want to get my kids more involved in their charities of choice, they love helping!
- I want to hear the words “Paid in Full” from my sons’ orthodontist.
- I want to create a new version of my transcription training program and offer an additional business booster program to those who are getting started in that field.
… these are just a handful of the things that are in my vision for 2012.
What are you working toward in the new year?
To a year full of success and happiness,